Monday, July 11, 2011

What is the best camera for your film?

I have a lot of fellow filmmakers tell me that digital is the only way to go. I respectively disagree. I believe that the type of look you want for your film depends on the camera that should be used. Are you looking smooth and clean impression? Go with digital then. For an amateur first time filmmaker digital may be the way to go because of the ease comparably to film when it comes time to cut and edit.  A Panasonic AG-DVX100B (mini DV) is what I used for my first film and the reason is that I needed a “rough” look for today’s independent film. I know you can use editing programs to adjust the mood but I personally think the type of camera helps to that effect. I am not against digital whatsoever. In fact the next one I would love to use is a RED. Absolutely amazing! They are very expensive but well worth it. I know that director David Fincher has used them in his last few films.
RED Epic


Panasonic AG-DVX100B


No comments:

Post a Comment